Saturday, April 26, 2014

Learning how to live with levity





Life can become so serious
When you forget how to play
When the fresh air is just a means to go
from house to car in anguish. Defeated
Disconnected and
You still complain about the weather?
In another lifetime, I played in the pouring rain,
jumping from puddle to lake,
through frigid kingdoms,
sending invitations to muddy tea parties,
struggling to keep my silent mouse family alive
in a broken hollow tree,
wrapped in white blankets
journeying through a wintery desert…

When laughter overtakes me,
discomfort is a past memory.
I had forgotten the joy
in playing with the frozen ground
Not just upon it
And even the most blustery day
can hold an adventure or two…

When you look out the window and decide
how you will approach today,
Take a deep breath
to taste the sea…
Only then can you can decide,
and only then you can truly see.
Now more than ever, my friend,
will you come out and play with me?



No comments:

Post a Comment