Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Camino Series: Astorga, Day 24

6 June 2013



It's about finding truth in myself.

Walking has become therapy. I can move forward, feel my muscles, bones, nerves, joints… and breathing…. and accept the pain, accept the worries, judgements, fear, and incessant planning, and let them go. They all exist in me and will arise but they don't dictate the trajectory of my life negatively, only in the way I am supposed to go.

 I keep getting blisters. It was perplexing until I realized that there will always be pain, as in life, same on the camino. I could get angry or cry about it…. or accept it, live with it, and also let it go.

The walking is beautiful. I am so thankful for every day that passes, each day to put a foot in front of the next. I didn't even look at the guide book today, we just woke up and started walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment